Sunday, March 14, 2010

And Then Life Happened...

So, I suck! My last post was back in January. The last time I worked-out was in January. I suck. I have told myself and those around me that Monday I was going to start working-out again. Well Monday came and went a number of times and here I sit, as not slim and trim as ever.

Before I stopped working-out I think that I was really starting to get results. I wasn't loosing any weight but I could tell a difference in inches and my health. I just felt better. I am still eating better. Not as good as I was, but I have definitely added more fruits and vegetables to my diet.

What made me stop working out you ask. Well I'll tell you. No good reason. When I began working-out I was already a busy person. I had just started student teaching which kept me up late at night making lesson plans and I was a lead character (for the first time) in a musical and had practice 4 nights a week.

So my day normally ran like this. I got up (6:30am), got ready for the day, took Jimmy to the sitter, taught until 3pm, came home worked-out (3:30-4:30pm), made dinner and ate (4:30-5:30pm), spent a little time with the family (5:30-6pm), went to play practice (6-9:30/10pm), came home and worked on lesson plans for the following day (10:30-12/1am).

It was a full day and I started to fall behind in things and was in general just tired from lack of sleep. I didn't always fall right to sleep. So I decided to wait until the play was over to begin the work out again. Well the play ended February 14.

I really don't have any excuse for not starting it since then. I am still student teaching, but I am getting the hang of making lesson plans and it's going easier. I'm still up late some nights working on them, but I still should have time to workout.

So you heard it here. MY WORKOUT WILL START OVER ON MARCH 15! One month after the play finished. Shame on me.

4 comments:

  1. You'll get back on that horse! I know you will!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting again is SO MUCH BETTER than not starting at all. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok positive self talk my brother! You don't suck!! March 15 is better than never :)

    ReplyDelete